Tuesday 17 May 2011

My thrifty finds

I visited my local charity shop today. I dont usually see much but today I found 3 things I liked. The first was a glass dome with a little handle, I suspect at one point it may have had a base to it but no matter I can still find a use for it, it only cost me 75p. The second thing was some blue glass I think its a trinket box but I think I will use it as a candle holder, that cost me 40p. The 3rd item was a lemon squeezer it was only 60p. All 3 items are in perfect condition no scratches,chips or anything. I also saw 2 lovely plates but I ran out of cash so I will be going back tomorrow to see if they are still there. The other items in the photo are from the same charity shop but I got them a while back. The strawberry pot was 1.25 and the tureen type thing was 3.25. I love a good bargain me.


posted from Bloggeroid

5 comments:

  1. I love that little dome! Perfect to display some cake! Great finds :)

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue glass best. Definitely will make a nice tealight/candle holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds :) Am sure you'll find a base for your dome - its normally the bases for sale without the domes (if you get what I mean).

    Hope your plates are still there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I have just found your blog- I love your polka dot tanle cloth, it is so sweet. The bird house you made is fantastic, just adorable. I wish I could buy Mollie Makes where I live, it looks fab. I had to chuckle about your procrastination post, as I did a post recently with a similar name. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ill go take a lookie at ur blog now. Thanks for following x

    ReplyDelete

comments are welcome and appreciated. i love a good natter.x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.